A leader within the organization and is a key contributor to the development of our business within a specific business geography. This position motivates and influences to gain and buy-in from assigned distributors. Time is spent generally as follows: 80% focus on distributor/retail customer field activities; 10% focus on strategic planning; 10% focus on headquarter interface and administrative issues.
Roles & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Develop a targeted monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives by region/route.
- Secure and expand distribution in assigned trade channels by setting benchmarks and calling on accounts both independently and with distributor personnel.
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs and in guiding distributor organization to achieve the objectives.
- Manage use of data systems and sales tools as ways of analyzing trends and needs for the assigned market(s)
- New vendor and trade show set up paperwork
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels to maximize opportunities for expanded distribution and execution throughout account base.
- Analyze monthly distributor depletion reports to identify opportunities, under performing accounts or potential loss of distribution within the account.
- Coach, train and motivate distributor personnel to achieve monthly and annual sales, distribution through scheduled and unscheduled meetings, route rides, trade surveys and monthly reports.
- Ability to manage and participate in Special Events to include working nights and weekends when necessary.
- Schedule and influence containers as needed by analyzing trends and actual sales.
- Manage use of POS, wearables and all other resources to achieve objective within budget.
- Lead communication process to wholesaler network with the territory, travel up to 75% with frequent wholesaler interaction throughout the year to include attending their sales meetings.
- 3-5 years sales experience in the beverage industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential in order to work with all levels within the company, manage vendors, and deliver projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Strong planning and executions skills
- Must have proven track record working with DSD network and Regional Account chains
- Must routinely exercise independent judgment and be able to work and think strategically
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and solid grasp of web technologies