Business Analyst, Icelandic Glacial
Icelandic Glacial is super premium bottled natural spring water from Iceland. The company is privately owned and has been experiencing very high growth across its line of still and sparkling waters. Icelandic Glacial is available nationwide across the U.S. and in many other countries. The products are all bottled at the source in Iceland and our U.S. headquarters are in Culver City, California.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role on the team at Icelandic Glacial. The Business Analyst position will analyze Icelandic’s sales and promotional activities with retailers and distributors nationwide for program effectiveness and accuracy of chargebacks. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for various commercial data gathering and reporting to provide actionable reporting and recommendations. The position reports directly to Icelandic’s CFO and will also have extensive interaction with senior sales and marketing management. The role is based in Culver City, California.
- Assemble data on Icelandic’s sales and promotional programs nationwide
- Analyze effectiveness and return on investment of those programs, evaluating impact on P&L
- Review for accuracy retailer and distributor chargebacks, escalating or disputing where warranted
- Generate actionable reports and recommendations on Icelandic’s sales and marketing spending
- Analyze Icelandic’s commercial performance and identify areas for improvement, drawing on a range of internal and external data sources including company’s accounting system
- Provide other business analysis and reporting as requested by CEO or CFO
- College degree in quantitative subject required
- Minimum two years’ experience in business analyst, accounting, finance or other analytical role required
- Experience in food and beverage business preferred.
- Strong attention to detail; careful to check work for rigor, accuracy and reasonableness
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently; questioning, brings resourceful approach to problem-solving
- Comfortable with technology, web-based applications and data extraction and analysis
- Strong abilities with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; solid abilities with rest of Microsoft Office suite