Area Sales Manager - Pacific Northwest (Seattle or Portland based)
An entry to mid-level position within the organization and is a contributor to the development of our business within a specific geography. The Area Sales Manager motivates and influences to gain buy-in from assigned distributors through the help of the Region Sales Manager (RSM). The Area Manager works directly with the RSM to develop a targeted monthly plan to achieve distribution and volume goals.
- Works under the RSM on developing a targeted monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives by region/route. Gain buy-in from assigned distributors.
- Route rides/blitz rides with assigned distributors for both On/Off Premise accounts
- Helps RSM set up new accounts with assigned distributor – new vendor paperwork, etc…
- Calls on accounts within territory as assigned – builds relationships and customer development skills
- Attends meetings with the RSM if necessary within distributor network
- Ability to manage and participate in special events to include working weekends and nights when necessary
- Manage use of POS, Dashboard, iDig and any/other data systems and sales tools as ways of analyzing trends and needs for the assigned market(s)
- Represent the organization while interfacing with senior personnel and various customers.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned, subject to related business roles and responsibilities not mentioned above
- 1-2 years sales experience in the beverage industry preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential in order to work with all levels within the company, manage vendors, and deliver projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Strong planning and executions skills
- Must routinely exercise independent judgment and be able to work and think strategically
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and solid grasp of web technologies
- Travel up to 80% in assigned territory/region
Interested? Please send resumes to careers @iwh.is and reference ASM in the subject line!