Territory Sales Representative (TSR)
The Territory Sales Representative (TSR) is an entry level position responsible for growing the IG business by calling on and selling IG products and programs to Supermarket, C-Store and independent retail accounts within an assigned territory. TheTSR manages retail market conditions and pursues relentless execution and selling of: 1) Supermarket and C-Store headquarter programs; 2) approved independent merchandising contracts; 3) incremental volume driving programs, displays and secondary locations; and 4) opportunities in channels beyond Supermarket and C-Store.
What You’ll Do:
- Territory/Coverage: Manage and call on Supermarket, C-Store and independent retail accounts within an assigned geography and implement routing plans to maximize coverage, efficiency and selling effectiveness.
- Account/Call Planning: Responsible for weekly planning of account calls and prioritization of assigned tasks to achieve designated selling objectives. Responsible for maintaining and utilizing sales information control book.
- Retail Execution: Responsible for execution and sell-in of headquarter programs and ensuring store level conditions meet IG standards. Accountable for correcting and/or communicating non-compliance of racks/coolers, shelf conditions, distribution, POGs and pricing. Participate in resets, surveys, retail blitzes, market tour preparation and other special projects.
- Retail Selling: Utilize selling tools to sell in incremental programs, displays, SKUs, and secondary locations at the retail level. Sell in new and upgrade existing programs.
- Learning/Development: Complete and support assimilation program for new hires
- Performance Tracking: Report daily sales activities and retail conditions and complete retail assessments in a timely and accurate manner. Utilize internal sales and account management tool on a daily basis. Communicate with appropriate Distributor personnel to ensure execution on daily activities as well as follow up on sales via reporting.
- Administration: Manage Territory administration on a timely and accurate basis
Other responsibilities and activities as requested
- Direct Selling (Where Applicable): Where directed, assume responsibility for: 1) buying accounts within the market managing responsibilities such as promotions, distribution, merchandising, and/or; 2) Customers’ Retail Operations Supervisors (Region / District Managers) of key retail accounts within the market
Who Are You?
- High energy, aggressive, assertive, driven, positive attitude, holds self to high standards
- Creative and innovative; adaptable to different customers, styles, and business conditions
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team oriented environment
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills- written and verbal, emphasis on negotiations and rapport-building
- Ability to utilize sales and market share data to communicate opportunities at the retail level
- Organization, prioritization, time management and follow up skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Willingness and ability to learn, adaptable, comfortable with change
What It Takes:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 4 year college degree preferred
- 1+ years sales experience preferred
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Physical demands may include: ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs, lifting of supplies/equipment,
- frequent standing and walking, occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record required
Interested? Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference Territory Sales Representative in the subject line!