Area Sales Manager
Icelandic Glacial has openings for Area Sales Manager positions! This is a full time position, working 40 hours a week.
Job Description: The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for growing the IG business by calling on and selling IG products and programs to Supermarket, C-Store and independent retail accounts within an assigned territory. The ASM manages retail market conditions and pursues relentless execution and selling of: 1) Supermarket and C-Store headquarter programs; 2) approved independent merchandising contracts; 3) incremental volume driving programs, displays and secondary locations; and 4) opportunities in channels beyond Supermarket and C-Store.
Open positions based in:
Reports to: Region Sales Manager
Things You’ll Do:
- Territory/Coverage: Manage and call on Supermarket, C-Store and independent retail accounts within an assigned geography and implement routing plans to maximize coverage, efficiency and selling effectiveness.
- Account/Call Planning: Responsible for weekly planning of account calls and prioritization of assigned tasks to achieve designated selling objectives. Responsible for maintaining and utilizing sales information control book.
- Retail Execution: Responsible for execution and sell-in of headquarter programs and ensuring store level conditions meet IG standards. Accountable for correcting and/or communicating non-compliance of racks/coolers, shelf conditions, distribution, POGs and pricing. Participate in resets, surveys, retail blitzes, market tour preparation and other special projects.
- Retail Selling: Utilize selling tools to sell in incremental programs, displays, SKUs, and secondary locations at the retail level. Sell in new and upgrade existing programs.
- Learning/Development: Complete and support assimilation program for new hires.
- Performance Tracking: Report daily sales activities and retail conditions and complete retail assessments in a timely and accurate manner. Utilize internal sales and account management tool on a daily basis. Communicate with appropriate Distributor personnel to ensure execution on daily activities as well as follow up on sales via reporting.
- Administration: Manage Territory administration on a timely and accurate basis
- Other responsibilities and activities as requested
What It Takes:
- High energy, aggressive, assertive, driven, positive attitude, holds self to high standards
- Creative and innovative; adaptable to different customers, styles, and business conditions
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team oriented environment
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills- written and verbal, emphasis on negotiations and rapport-building
- Ability to utilize sales and market share data to communicate opportunities at the retail level
- Organization, prioritization, time management and follow up skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Willingness and ability to learn, adaptable, comfortable with change
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 4 year college degree preferred
- At least 3 years sales experience preferred, with at least one year experience in Beverage Sales, CPG, Grocery or wholesaler environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Physical demands may include: ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs, lifting of supplies/equipment,
- frequent standing and walking, occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record required
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Medical + Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Auto Allowance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Please send resumes to email@example.com if interested! Can’t wait to hear from you!
Full Time position