Director of Supply Chain - Iceland
DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN - ICELAND
Reports To: CEO / CFO
Icelandic Glacial has an immediate opportunity for a Director of Supply Chain and Procurement to be based in Iceland. The Supply Chain Director reviews existing procedures and examines opportunities to streamline production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, and financial forecasting to meet Company's needs. The job involves developing strategies to cut costs, improve quality, and improve customer satisfaction. This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to: purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing and commercialization of innovations. This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis. Will be responsible for end-to-end for supply chain management.
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customer(s).
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure facility is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Analyze historical purchasing costs for materials, forecasting future costs, or finding prospective vendors.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach others in maintaining excellence on production, quality control, and safety.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new ERP system and optimize its use.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages performance to ensure attainment
- Bachelor’s in Logistics, Business, Engineering or Supply Chain Management. Advanced certifications are a plus
- 10-15 years progressive experience in purchasing and materials management roles in global beverage companies.
- 5-10 years of direct management experience in a production facility or regulated environment.
- Experience with importation and customs brokerage
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Showing some knowledge of ERP systems
- Experience using SAP
- Supply chain and logistics experience
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of world class
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required.
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer a competitive salary based on education, experience, and other qualifications. Icelandic Glacial offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer