Brand Sales Representative
Brand Sales Representative
Icelandic Glacial has openings for Brand Sales Representative positions in Florida! This is a contracted 1099 position, working part time 25-30 hours a week.
Job Description: Responsibilities include expanding retail distribution and growing same-store sales through wholesalers and retailers, developing and maintaining in-store merchandising initiatives, and executing local marketing events and miscellaneous in-store and direct-to-consumer sampling programs.
Reports to: Region Sales Manager
- Visit key retail locations regularly to ensure proper distribution, merchandising compliance, pricing accuracy, promotional participation, monitor competitive activity and general retail/market conditions for the brand; as well as conduct in-store sampling events when scheduled.
- Provide regular and detailed reports to Icelandic Glacial management from the information compiled at store level and make recommendations to improve sales, merchandising, competitive positioning or other suggestions to enhance brand sales and growth in the market.
- Cooperate and work directly with retail and wholesale personnel and sales representatives.
- Represent the company and the brand in a professional and positive manner at all times to all trade partners: retailers, wholesalers, brokers and marketing agencies.
- Develop and maintain productive and friendly relationships with retail store personnel, including but not limited to the store level buyers who order the products for the shelves.
- Install and maintain Point-Of-Sale materials in stores when approved and appropriate.
- Assist stores in managing inventories to avoid or minimize out-of-stock conditions for the brand.
- Conduct in-store sampling events in key retailers as needed
- Participate in, and eventually manage in-market public sampling events.
- Participate in retailer-sponsored co-op marketing events at store locations or other in-market locations as needed and scheduled.
- One to two years experience in planning and executing samplings and events.
- One year experience in Beverage Grocery, or related retail or wholesale business environment.
- Schedule and submit timesheets/ invoices to Icelandic Glacial management.
- Some travel required. Positions are mainly in the Metro areas designated, but occasional travel outside the Metro area will be required occasionally to visit stores in adjacent marketing areas.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to easily navigate your market area on a daily basis.
- Must have an insured vehicle with proof of insurance.
- This position may require weekend and evening hours regularly. This is a “Field Sales and Marketing” position, not an ‘office job’ and requires energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to go ‘above and beyond’ to ensure Icelandic Glacial’s continued growth. You must be a self-starter and disciplined to create and execute your own schedule and plan.
- You must be able to work autonomously and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have strong organizational skills; maintain your own appointment calendar and integrate that with company calendar events when needed.
- Must be physically able to lift, move and display cases of beverages as needed
- Must be computer and cellphone-literate, and have basic competence in e-mail, excel spreadsheet, word processing, texting and electronic communications.