On Premise Sales Manager - New York, NY
Reports To: VP of Sales
An experienced role within the organization and is a key contributor to the development of our on-premise strategies and tactics. This position will work the national on-premise team. The On-Premise Manager will report to the VP of Sales while working closely, day-to-day, with the Director of On-Premise.
Key Customer Manager On Premise oversees the sales and marketing of the Icelandic Glacial portfolio into fine dining, hospitality, lodging and headquarter establishments in New York by building and leveraging effective relationships to maximize distribution, volume, market share and margin objectives. Lead innovative training and education programs for the Wait Staff in establishments. Create the marketing programs and manage event sponsorship to achieve product visibility, volume and margin objectives.
- Top 250 Customers: Build effective relationships and grow Icelandic Glacial volume in Top 250 customers. Act as consultants on Premium Water, both internally and externally, as well as gathering competitive information for effective planning and selling.
- New Business/Customers Opportunities: Identify new customer and sales opportunities by prospecting, cold-calling, networking using industry sources. Call on, sell and close prospective
- Distributor/Wholesaler Relationships: Build relationships with distributor/wholesaler partners and manage the profitable sell-through of Icelandic Glacial products to assigned On Premise customers through distributor work-withs, training, and networking
- Product Placement & Point of Purchase Materials: Enhance on-premise placement of celandic Glacial products with point-of-purchase materials and / or equipment (as required)
- Special Events: As appropriate, actively participate in special events where Icelandic Glacial products are represented
- Performance Tracking / Reporting: Use the Dashboard Tool to report on the Top 250 Accounts for business objectives, sales results, market conditions, opportunities, execution plans and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Budgets: Manage budgets
- Other responsibilities and activities as requested
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 1+ yrs of professional Sales experience
- Product Portfolio – Management and selling of a portfolio
- Channel Experience – Experience selling within a specific channel with knowledge of channel dynamics Skills
- Relationship Building – Skills at building and maintaining cross-functional relationships internally and customer relationships externally
- Presentation Building Skills – Development of presentation documents drawing from all available sources
- Presenting Skills – Delivery of presentations in one-on-one or group situations to deliver a specific message and obtain a pre-planned result
- Negotiating Skills – The ability to achieve pre-planned results in a meeting or discussion by negotiating for those results with an individual or group
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer a competitive salary based on education, experience, and other qualifications. This position is eligible for bonus. Icelandic Glacial offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Develop a targeted monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives by region/route.
- Secure and expand distribution in assigned trade channels by setting benchmarks and calling on accounts both independently and with distributor personnel.
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs and in guiding distributor organization to achieve the objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels to maximize opportunities for expanded distribution and execution throughout account base.
- Analyze monthly distributor depletion reports to identify opportunities, under performing accounts or potential loss of distribution within the account.
- Coach, train and motivate distributor personnel to achieve monthly and annual sales, distribution through scheduled and unscheduled meetings, route rides, trade surveys and monthly reports.
- Ability to manage and participate in Special Events to include working nights and weekends when necessary.
- Schedule and influence containers as needed by analyzing trends and actual sales.
- Manage use of POS, wearables and all other resources to achieve objective within budget.
- Lead communication process to wholesaler network with the territory.
- Sales experience in the beverage industry, B.A. preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential in order to work with all levels within the company, manage vendors, and deliver projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Strong planning and executions skills
- Must routinely exercise independent judgment and be able to work and think strategically
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and solid grasp of web technologies
To apply, please send your CV/Resume to email@example.com